Tuesday, January 10, 2017

This week in kindergarten.

Back in early December, I started my blog with "After a November of short weeks, it is nice to be in the midst of three full weeks of school."  There is some rich irony here.  I am hoping that, at some point, we will have another full week of school.  Many thanks to everyone who is staying flexible, not cursing the phone when it rings at 5:45 a.m., and getting their children to school when it is safe!

Be aware that next Monday, January 16, is the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.  There will be no school that day.

Even with all the missed days, I am enjoying seeing the young scholars make continue to make strides in their reading and writing. I have posted their stories about winter break outside the classroom.

Thank you to everyone who brought in a snack for the class.  We could still use a few more boxes of snacks for our hungry students.

This weeks themes:
Theme Book: Little Quack
Chapter Book: Dinosaurs Before Dark
Letter study: Rr
Letters we know: Mm, Tt, Aa, Ss, Pp, Cc, Ii, Nn, Bb
New words:me, with, she (week 2)
Words we know: I, am, the, little, a, to, have, is, we, my, like, he, for
Writing: independent writing
Math: Making sense of 10's
Song: Jamaica Farewell
Star of the Week: Maliya




1 comment:

  1. Kindergarten will surely be a good environment for the children where they can enhance their potential to maximum. Kindergarten in Ekkaduthangal reaches the children with different innovative approach which contributes a lot for their development and growth.
    Kindergarten in Guindy

    ReplyDelete