Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Kindergarten Conferences

I am looking forward to meeting all of the incoming kindergartners (and their families) over the next few days.  Here are a few things to know about conferences.

We should have about 25 minutes together.  During this time I hope to

  • Answer your questions about kindergarten at Chapman
  • Give you and your child a tour of the room
  • Learn about any health problems / allergies that may impact your child
  • Find out how your child will be getting home from Chapman each afternoon
  • Administer the Oregon Kindergarten Assessment
Here are a few suggestions to get the most out of your conference...
  • Be sure to be on-time.  Parking around Chapman may be tight.  I have many back-to-back appointments, particularly on Friday, so one late family can have a big ripple effect.
  • Help your child to think of questions they may have about kindergarten
  • Make a list of questions you may have; I may defer some general questions about overall curriculum to Back to School Night (September 10).
  • Be sure to let me know about health concerns, allergies, and other issues that may affect your child.   
  • Be sure to let me know your plans for getting home from school, both on the first day of school, and through the year.
I look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment