Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome Back

I hope everyone had a great break!

I am looking forward to seeing the young scholars this morning.  If I look a little bleary-eyed today, it is because I had to get up at 3:30 this morning to put my son on a 5:30 flight.

This week we will be quickly getting back into the swing of things.  We will be writing about our break, working on centers and reading groups, learning about pennies, and much more.

I am putting up a new volunteer calendar for the months of January through March.  Please consider donating some time to the classroom!!

In January we have two No-School-Mondays.  We will celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day on the 20th and we have a teacher planning day on the 27th so that we can prepare report cards.  We also have a late start day on the 22nd.  Through the month we will be learning about winter, Martin Luther King Jr., ways that children and animals change and grow, conventions of writing, and much more.

This should be a great winter term!




No comments:

Post a Comment