Thursday, November 21, 2013

Conferences

I am looking forward to seeing everyone for conferences beginning this afternoon and continuing next Monday and Tuesday.  Here are a few things to keep in mind.

1) Please be early.  There are a few times when I have many conferences back to back; one late family can have major ripple effects.

2) Feel free to confirm times.  I made a few mistakes on the "pre-conference questionnaire" that I sent home. Your conference time is what you signed up for (and what is on the board)

3) There is no childcare.  Conferences are usually a little easier when children are not here, but I would MUCH MUCH rather see you and your children than to have you miss a conference.

4) I plan to meet with each family for 25 minutes -- beginning on the hour or half hour, and ending 25 minutes later.

5) I spend the first, say, ten minutes going through academic and other things from my point of view and I try to leave the final 15 minutes to answer questions or discuss whatever is on your mind.

6) Some parents find it helpful to bring notes of questions or concerns.

7) Let me know whether you find the classroom blog helpful.  This is my first year without a regular paper newsletter.  I want to make sure nobody is left out by this.

Finally, lost and found has been moved to the front hall.  Please check for those missing coats and more. Everything left after Thanksgiving will be sent to charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment