Friday, September 13, 2013

Photos and privacy

So far, I am feeling that my experiment in blogging is working well.  In less than a week we have had more than 300 views of the blog, and some very positive feedback.

I am particularly enjoying posting photos; however this brings up a quandary.  As you may have noticed, I have taken some pains to be sure that the photos I have posted are not close-ups of individual students.  Before I do so, I want to have a discussion of how parents felt about having photos of their child on the blog, which is available to the wider web audience.  My sense is that the best photos really show children learning, working and enjoying friendships, however I am not ready to post “identifiable” photos until I have checked in with parents. 

So… my hope is to begin posting photos of students sometime in the third week of school (after the 16th).  These photos would not have names attached.  However I will not post photos of your child if you let me know that you do not want their image on the web.


So please shoot me an email if you do not want pictures of your child used on the blog.  Feel free to email or respond on the blog if you otherwise have strong feelings on this subject.  

No comments:

Post a Comment